This simple macro script was created in VBScript. There are several benefits to using this kind of macro solution:
- The macros are plain text and can be edited by anyone.
- The macros use the Windows Scripting Host. They can be run on any Windows computer without installing anything extra.
- The macro uses plain English commands.
- Instructions are built into the script. Just open in a text editor and you can get to work.
- Alternatively, you can use this website as a guide to using this Macro Template.
- Unzip the folder containing the VBSCript macro template file. It will be named macro.vbs
- Copy the file to a new location. Place it near whatever you a creating a macro for. The desktop is always a good location.
- Right click the macro template file and select edit. This opens the macro in Notepad.exe
- Scroll to the bottom of the file. You will see a section labeled "Your code goes after here" followed by some plus signs. Just remove the example macro code here and place your own code.
- The area just above the plus signs displays the available macro commands.
- Once you are done entering macro commands, you save the file and close it.
- To run the macro, there are three methods: Double click the macro, right click and pick command prompt, or right click and click run with then pick windows scripting host.
- To send the file via email you may need to change the extension to .txt. Email filters do not like VBS programs.
- Of course, these are just functions written in Visual Basic Script, so you can extend the template by adding your own new functions. If you write something useful for everyone, post a comment and I will give you credit inside the template file and add your website to the side bar.
If you have any suggestions for improving the macro template, just leave a comment. I will include your name and website in the changes.